Sunday, December 04, 2005

Ross' 22nd + Layo & Bushwacka in Beijing!

I know it's been more than a week, but you know what they say about keeping a diary, and the same applies to keeping a blog - good girls have nothing to write about and bad girls simply don't have the time! What better time that now to catch up on back-dated blogging now that it's approximately -6 degrees Celcius (that's 21 degrees Farenheit for the Americans reading this :-))

Ross turned 22 last weekend. When Max and I dropped into Bar Blu on Wednesday where he does the quiz nights, he casually announced to me "I'm gonna have a birthday party." I paused, expecting him to give me details - where, when, dress code, after dinner plans, who was going to be there. And then I realised that the party was would be another little project for me to manage. Ross gave his instructions : Friday night at Purple Haze opposite Gongti North Gate, around 9pm, 10 people expected at most as he had lost his mobile phone and was unable to get in touch with anybody. Alllllrighty then... True to himself, Ross turned up 50 minutes late to his own birthday party and guest numbers doubled to 21. But nothing a level-headed, quick thinking, problem solving under pressure party planner to make sure that everyone had enough to eat. And pronto!

Great food and even better company.

Jia and I with her Denis and Evan, Jia's crazy Parisian co-workers.

Ross - b...b...b...BAD from the day he was born!


Ahh... the happy couple...

A celebration of London's hellraiser rep in Beijing was made whole when we nipped over to Babyface for the Layo & Bushwacka gig. RMB100 later door charge later (*ouch*), we were in and jumpin' with the rest of the party crowd.

Ross in fine form, as per usual.

Jia, Ross and Alex... and a very dejected looking Zach in the background.

Group hug!

Happy Birthday, Ross! Life's so much more colourful with you around. (In my case at that particular moment, the colour in question would be a shade of monkey bum red...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home