Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Thought of the Day


Why is it that you're not actually going anywhere when you're stuck in rush hour traffic? Oh, the irony!

I had lots of time to ponder this question yesterday when I was sitting on the corner of Dongzhinmenwai and the 3rd East Ring Road, staring at the faulty traffic lights ahead, daring it to stay red like it had done for the previous 20 minutes. Now my optometrist grand dad always said to me that it's not healthy on the eyes to look at red objects for too long, so I turned my glare to the cars that were trying to cut into our line of traffic from the service road. Some of them stayed there for about 5 minutes then decided that they were going nowhere and put their cars in reverse to the sounds of honks of protest from the fellow queue-jumpers behind them. It took us a whole hour and a half to get back to the office - I would probably have got there faster on foot. God, I miss my scooter. :-(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home