Holiday Schmoliday

I took a short break last Wednesday and was out of the office till yesterday. Sometimes you really have to wonder if it's worth it. Even on Thursday my mobile was ringing non-stop. I had one 20 minute conversation with the client i.e. the Mother Superior of Harpies ("MSH") herself, a telephone conference with my long-suffering colleagues and stayed up till 1.30am that night to write up work schedules that the MSH wanted. It seems that She, the Spokesharpie of the Uber Bitches Council, does not fully comprehend the meaning of holiday, which according to the Merriam-Webster Online dictionary means:
1: HOLYDAY
2: A day on which one is exempt from work: specifically, a day marked by a general suspension of work in commemoration of an event (i.e. commemorating my Freedom, Liberation and Emancipation from Harpies, however temporarily)
3: chiefly British: a period of relaxation

In the end, I sent the Witch Slag what she wanted and turned my mobile phone off for the rest of the week. I thought that it would give me greater peace of mind but really it didn't. I spent most of the weekend dreading the thought of going back to work, which to be fair, wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. There was the initial stress of not knowing what to expect and I was half prepared to be torn to shreds by the Hound of Beijingville. But I suppose no matter how many names I call her, I am still but Minion Whose Ass Belongs to the One Whose Name Shall Not Be Uttered Lest It Invokes the Extreme Urge in Me to Stab Someone in the Eye with a Blunt Pencil.
Oh well, new day today and all that and I have thus far been left unharassed so will stop this Banshee Bashing because I really am concerned for the huge debt of bad karma I have accumulated since about 7.30pm last night when I was just about to leave the office for the gym (even turned off my computer, the office server and all) when Spawn of Medusa started throwing hissy fits and spewing battery acid about how she wants that proposal, like, 5 minutes ago. So *deep breath* "Serenity now.... serenity now..."
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home